47% of marketers said that email is their most successful marketing channel, followed by social media marketing (39%), SEO (33%), and content marketing (33%).
. Creating Brand Awareness
1. Building Personalized Content
3. Increasing Sales and ROI
4. Nurturing Customer Relationships
7. Collecting Customer Feedback
0. Promoting New Products
Top Email Marketing Stats That Will Amaze You
49% of buyers mentioned that they’d like to receive weekly promotional emails from brands they like.
63% of consumers stated that they open an email to seek discounts.
All you need is email marketing! How can this powerful tool skyrocket your business growth? Learn some of the top email marketing benefits and start reaping them asap! Are you an eCommerce business owner thinking about introducing email marketing campaigns into your strategy? Or someone who explores digital marketing tools for the first time? Here, you’ll find all the reasons why email marketing should be on your priority list. In this guide, you’ll find: Recent stats on email marketing Top benefits and opportunities Tips on how to get started with email marketing
1. Building Personalized Content Not every buyer has similar needs and wishes. Once you’ve identified your target audience and buyer personas, it’s time to send them personalized messages to delight them to the max. Personalized marketing is a big hit these days, for a good reason. By using the correct data, you can send targeted messages to your buyers at the right time. This way, you increase the chances of converting them, primarily by delivering something relevant to their preferences and needs.
ersonalized emails can take different shapes and forms. It can be a recipient’s name on the subject line or a birthday email with a discount on one of their favorite items. It’s up to you to decide how to approach this. Overall, email personalization is powered by customer segmentation and marketing automation practices. Dividing your customers into different segments based on traits like demographics or geographic location can be super helpful.
2. Creating Brand Awareness How can consumers learn more about your brand story? Your website and advertisements can help, but consistent email communications can upgrade brand awareness. Think about how much time we spend on our mobile devices and mailboxes per day. It’s a “digital place” we visit on a regular basis, so you can’t leave this opportunity unseized. Plus, as mentioned in the stats section above, almost half of buyers stated that they’d love to receive weekly promotional emails from their favorite brands.
Well, you can become that brand, too! Craft email newsletters with intriguing subject lines and create interactive email content for your subscribers. From promotional to informational campaigns, try to show them what you’re made of to ultimately steal their heart. The more your customers connect with your brand assets like your logo or slogan, the more they’ll think about you subconsciously. And this can lead to a leap in your conversion rates as you move forward.
3. Increasing Sales and ROI As you saw in the stats earlier, the main email marketing benefit is boosting your ROI. So if you want to increase your sales, you can create marketing campaigns with discounts, offers, and deals. It’s a winning method and can massively benefit you in the long run! There is also a specific email type, the so-called abandoned cart email, that can prove handy to you. These emails let you ping email subscribers that have recently added items to their shopping cart reminding them to complete their purchase. Let’s explore a similar campaign by Food52:
nd the best part? According to a Moosend report, abandoned cart emails receive 45% open rates, and 21% of them are clicked on. Most importantly, half of them lead to a purchase.
7. Collecting Customer Feedback No one can improve your brand more than your customers. They know what they love about your products/services and what they’d like you to change. In addition, it’s essential to stay in touch with them to discover their needs and grasp what else you can offer them. Email is an excellent channel for feedback collection. You can craft customer surveys and send them to your subscribers to gather information hard to source through other venues, e.g., customer support.
If you want to run an extensive survey, it’s wise to offer an incentive in exchange, for example, an Amazon coupon for lucky participants.
8. Owning your Contact List If you’re using social media to promote your products/services, you know well that it’s hard to take charge of your followers and contacts there. Each platform has its own rules, and you must adhere to them. But with email, things are different. Once you start collecting addresses and building your audience, you have ownership of these valuable contacts. So even if you decide to change your email service provider, you can take this list with you.
Glasp is a social web highlighter that people can highlight and organize quotes and thoughts from the web, and access other like-minded people’s learning.